Flowers should last a week, give or take a little, depending on their level of care. Caring for your flower box is easy, simply follow these tips to increase the life of your flowers.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight and heating or cooling vents.
- Remove any dead or wilting petals - this will not hurt the flowers!
- Check if the floral foam is moist on a daily basis. If the foam dries out, it is less likely to take up water again so try to keep it moist at all times.
- The best way to water the foam is with a water bottle with a small mouth. Glasses or jugs often spill down the sides of the cardboard and will ruin your pretty box!
- Generally 1/4 cup of water each day is enough to keep the foam moist. Ensure you pour into the centre to avoid the box getting wet.
- Our boxes all contain waterproof plastic containers. However, sometimes watering the flowers can cause spillages and seep through the cardboard. If this occurs it is best to put your flower box on a plate or tray to protect your furniture from water stains.